Things To Consider When You Need To Buy Replacement Windows
Thursday, December 15, 2016
When it becomes time to choose replacement windows for your home take a little extra time to understand what variables there are and how making the right decisions now can save you money in the long run. When you are shopping for replacement windows in San Antonio there are a number of questions to ask and things to consider.
All about energy efficiency :
There is very little difference in windows when you simply look at them; however, there actually is a significant difference in the way they perform. Windows are rated in accordance with certain standards:
- Solar heat gain: This refers to how the window blocks the ingress of heat. When you are looking at windows, the lower this number is the better.
- Transfer of visible light: This reflects on how much natural light the window lets through into the interior; the higher the number the better in this case.
- Leakage: This is a representation of how much air can pass through the installed window; in this case, low numbers are better.
There is no set formula that a homeowner can use but it goes without saying that everyone will benefit when they opt to replace their windows with energy efficient ones. The secret lies with choosing a high quality replacement window, installed by a qualified contractor. Typically, a homeowner should expect to save at least 25 percent on their energy bill if not considerably more.
Replacement window materials :
Replacement windows in San Antonio are commonly available in wood, aluminum, fiberglass and vinyl. Although every material has certain benefits and drawbacks, vinyl replacement windows are the most popular for a number of good reasons:
- Scratch free and maintenance free
- The best price for the best window
- Highly efficient
- Easy to install
Buying replacement windows in San Antonio is something like buying a new car; you will be concerned with price, aesthetics and efficiency. Take your time, investigate the options and find a skilled contractor to install them.
Tags used in this post: